Your Cart is empty
Plusvital Recovery-7 pack
Shipping & taxes calculated at checkout
If this product is currently in stock and if you order by 1pm your order will be despatched the same day. If the product is not in stock you will be contacted.
Highly concentrated formula designed to support the horse's recovery from intensive exercise and racing.
Racing or other similar high intensity event puts significant stress on the horse. It is essential to ensure there are no deficient vitamins or nutrients which may hamper muscle recovery and, in turn, delay the return to peak fitness.
There is little scientific evidence to suggest that a concentrated boost of vitamins before a race leads to increased performance. However, there is significant research showing that vitamins provided to horses after intensive exercise can help support recovery.
PLUSVITAL RECOVERY-7 is designed to provide a wide range of anti-oxidants, vitamins, Omega-3 fatty acids and amino acids (including BCAA’s) to support the horse in the 7 days after a race or during periods of intensive exercise.
Recovery-7 contains no prohibited substances.
- VITAMIN A and VITAMIN D are included for their role in supporting bone growth and maintenance. Vitamin D in particular manages the level of CALCIUM in the horse by regulating its absorption and excretion.
- ANTI-OXIDANTS. When horses metabolise food into energy, the process also generates free radicals, which are harmful to cells and can lead to issues with growth, cellular regeneration and immunity. Anti-oxidants are a range of molecules that can prevent the free radicals from causing damage. Performance horses may need anti-oxidant supplementation as the athletic effort they exert may accelerate the generation of free radicals and the amount of anti-oxidants provided through the normal feed may not support their neutralisation. VITAMIN C is an anti-oxidant that works with VITAMIN E to reduce these free radicals.
- AMINO ACIDS are the building blocks used to create proteins. When a horse ingests protein, the chain of amino acids is broken up in the digestive tract by enzymes and acids. Amino acids then travel to the sites where they are needed most for growth or repair of tissues. Essential amino acids cannot be synthesised by the horse and, therefore, must be supplied in its diet. In the case of the horse, there are ten essential amino acids. Where a limiting amino acid is not present in sufficient quantities, the horse cannot utilise the other essential amino acids even if provided by the diet. In the horse, the limiting amino acids are Lysine, Methionine & Threonine and they have been included at appropriate levels in Recovery-7.
- BRANCHED CHAIN AMINO ACIDS or BCAAs are a particular type of amino acids that have been shown to aid in the reduction of lactic acid build-up from strenuous exercise and so help the muscle recovery post-exercise. The unique molecular structure of BCAAs is found in Leucine, Isoleucine & Valine, all of which play an essential role in muscle metabolism.
- OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS such as EPA and DHA are sourced from Algae and are metabolised by the horse to produce prostaglandins which help mediate inflammatory response.
- BIOTIN, also known as vitamin H, is a key vitamin when it comes to healthy skin. Important in the production of equine tissues, such as the hair and the hoof, Biotin is essential for healthy hooves as well as a key player in many metabolic processes, including the synthesis of glycerol for DNA and RNA.
- SELENIUM is a mineral that plays an important role in reducing free radicals. Selenium complements vitamin E and is a component of the enzyme glutathionine peroxidase, which prevents free radical peroxides from attacking cell membranes. However, levels of this mineral need to be managed as toxicity problems can occur where over-supplemented. Plusvital takes great care to ensure that, where our supplements are used together, this situation is avoided.
- SACCHOROMYCES CEREVISIAE is a probiotic yeast that can help maintain the normal digestive function of the horse. The addition of active yeast can improve microbial balance in the intestine of the horse which can be compromised in horses on a high starch, low fibre diet.
Per 50 g sachet:
Vitamins: Vitamin A 30,000 IU, Vitamin D3 2,500 IU, Vitamin E 2,000 mg, Vitamin B1 60 mg, Vitamin B2 50 mg, Vitamin B6 26 mg, Vitamin B12 85 ?g, Vitamin C 2,000 mg, Pantothenic Acid 60 mg, Folic Acid 15 mg, Niacin 120 mg, Biotin 3 mg. Trace Elements: E1 Iron 50 mg, E2 Iodine 1 mg, E4 Copper 40 mg, E5 Manganese 100 mg, E6 Zinc 100 mg, E8 Selenium 0.5 mg. Amino Acids: Lysine 1,000 mg, Methionine 400 mg, Threonine 660 mg. Branched Chain Amino Acids: Leucine 1,000 mg, Valine 500 mg, Iso-Leucine 500 mg. Polyphenols: Mix of flavouring compounds (Vitamin E equivalent) 3,000 mg. Minerals: Calcium 108 mg, Phosphorous 12 mg, Sodium 1,800 mg, Potassium 294 mg, Magnesium 300 mg. Digestibility Enhancers: Yeast 4,000 mg.
Directions for Use:
One 50 g sachet per day to be mixed with the evening feed for 7 days BEFORE OR AFTER a race or intense exercise. Ensure plenty of water is available.
All products in stock - if ordered before 1pm will be despatched same day.