Your Cart is empty
Plusvital Racing Syrup 5L
Shipping & taxes calculated at checkout
If this product is currently in stock and if you order by 1pm your order will be despatched the same day. If the product is not in stock you will be contacted.
Plusvital Racing Syrup is a Palatable molasses-based multivitamin, amino acid and trace element balancer supplement.
For full details download our Download a Brochure
Plusvital Racing Syrup is scientifically formulated to take the guesswork out of balancing the daily feed ration of the racehorse. The original Plusvital Racing Syrup product, first introduced in 1975, has been recently reformulated to reflect current scientific thinking.
Our revised formulation now contains 30 key vitamins, minerals, trace elements and amino acids that play a vital role in equine nutrition.
The intensive modern training programmes of racehorses require a diet that provides all the key nutrients to combat the stress and to maximise the horse’s athletic potential.
While some of these nutrients come from the normal feed, additional supplementation may be required to meet recommended guidelines. Plusvital Racing Syrup is now one of the most complete multinutrient equine supplements available on the market.
SUMMARY OF KEY FEATURES
30 vitamins, minerals, trace elements and amino acids
Meets and exceeds NRC recommendations.
- Increased Vitamin E to reduce oxidative stress
- Selenium to neutralise free radicals and support the immune system
- Branched Chain Amino Acids and Threonine to support muscle recovery
- Zinc and Biotin to support growth of healthy hoof and hair
Per 60ml dose:
- Vitamins: Vitamin A 40,000 IU, Vitamin D3 5,200 IU, Vitamin E 1,000 mg, Vitamin B1 62.5 mg, Vitamin B2 60 mg, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C 300 mg, Pantothenic Acid 50 mg, Folic Acid 15 mg, Niacin 120 mg, Biotin 1 mg, Choline Chloride 120 mg. Trace Elements: E1 Iron 90 mg, E2 Iodine 3 mg, E4 Copper 80 mg, E5 Manganese 100 mg, E6 Zinc 150 mg, Selenium 0.25 mg. Amino Acids: Lysine 500 mg, Methionine 500 mg, Threonine 144 mg. Branched Chain Amino Acids: Leucine 96 mg, IsoLeucine 48 mg, Valine 48 mg. Minerals: Calcium 180 mg, Phosphorous 18 mg, Sodium 924 mg, Potassium 504 mg, Magnesium 294 mg.
Key Ingredient Detail
VITAMIN A AND VITAMIN D are included for their role in supporting bone growth and maintenance. Vitamin D in particular manages the levels of CALCIUM in the horse by regulating its absorption and excretion.
VITAMIN E is the most well-known antioxidant for horses and is important for normal function of the muscular, immune and neurologic systems.
Horses may be at risk from free radical build-up due to the increased workload in training, racing and competition. Vitamin E is normally derived from the horse’s diet, particularly from fresh forages. However, supplementation may be required where the feed is not providing sufficient quantities.
VITAMIN C is an anti-oxidant that works with Vitamin E to reduce free radicals. Normally, it is produced in sufficient quantities given the presence of the enzyme, L-gulonolactone oxidase, in the liver. That said, horses under stress from training and competition may have depleted plasma levels of Vitamin C and supplementation may be required to support their immune function. Other functions where Vitamin C is needed include bone strength, antihistamine control, collagen synthesis as well as hormone synthesis.
B VITAMINS are a range of compounds including Thiamine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pantothenic Acid (B5), Pyridoxine (B6), Folic Acid (B9) and Cyanocobalamin (B12) that play a range of important roles in a horse’s body including food metabolism and energy production, support of the nervous system as well as cell reproduction and growth. In particular, they are important for healthy red blood cell production. Typically, B vitamins are produced by flora in the horse’s intestine or from fresh forage. However, horses that are under stress from exercise or the demands of performance may benefit from B vitamin supplementation.
CHOLINE CHLORIDE is used by the body for a host of vital functions. Classified as a vitamin of the B complex. The principal function of this vitamin is to contribute methyl chemical groups to various cellular processes. Essential for building and maintaining the structure of cells. Also has a role in fat metabolism within the liver promoting utilisation and transport of fats and preventing their accumulation in the liver.
ZINC (ZN) is a micro mineral that is involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates and proteins as well as in the development of healthy hooves and skin in the horse. Zinc has also been added to Plusvital Racing Syrup for its anti-oxidant effect in protecting cell membrane.
SELENIUM (SE) is a mineral that plays an important role in reducing free radicals. It is a component of the enzyme glutathione peroxidase, which prevents free radical peroxides from attacking cellular membranes.
TRACE ELEMENTS such as IRON, IODINE, COPPER and MANGANESE are included at NRC recommended levels whilst taking into account the typical diets of racing horses.
- IRON is contained in haemoglobin, myoglobin and many enzyme systems. It has an integral role in oxygen transport and cellular respiration.
- IODINE is necessary for the synthesis of thyroid hormones that regulate basal metabolism.
- COPPER is essential for several enzymes involved in the synthesis of elastic connective tissue, preservation of mitochondria and melanin synthesis.
- MANGANESE is essential for carbohydrate and lipid metabolism and for synthesis of chondroitin sulphate in cartilage.
ESSENTIAL AMINO ACIDS are important for growth and bone development. Protein is essential for the proper growth of tissue, muscles and ligaments which all play a part in correct skeletal development. Amino acids are the building blocks used to create proteins and are ultimately used to build muscle and other cells within the horse's body. In order to build muscle, it is important that the horse has sufficient crude protein and amino acids. Three essential amino acids - Lysine, Methionine and Threonine - have been included in Racing Syrup at appropriate levels to match the demands of the racing horse.
BRANCHED CHAIN AMINO ACIDS including Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. They account for 35% of all the essential amino acids in muscle proteins. These promote protein synthesis and turnover and thus aid in muscle recovery. Additionally they promote the metabolism of glucose and aid in the reduction of lactic acid build up post recovery.
Add 60ml to the feed daily.
This 5L makes 83 daily doses. $1.40 per dose.
Detail Ingredient List: