Your Cart is empty
Ratblitz 3Kg - Premium Rat & Mouse Poison
Shipping & taxes calculated at checkout
If this product is currently in stock and if you order by 1pm your order will be despatched the same day. If the product is not in stock you will be contacted.
Ratblitz 3Kg – Premium Rat & Mouse Poison
A complete ready-to-use bait for the destruction of rats and mice
CAUTION: Keep away from children, domestic pets, and other animals.
Active Constituent: 0.25g/Kg Warfarin
Rat Blitz ........ their first choice And ........ their last!
Rat Blitz is a specially formulated appetising rat and mice bait in crumble form to kill rats and mice. Developed by (RCI Ruth Group)and manufactured in Australia. It works where other baits fail.
Rats are the unseen enemy of farm profits. Damaging foodstuffs and spreading disease, everybody interested in improving the viability and profitability of farms need to understand the importance of controlling rodents.
Here’s a 5-point checklist for the ideal rodent bait.
- Be fatal in small amounts and should be capable of wiping out the whole nest. Not just a few rodents!
- The prepared bait should be more attractive to the rats and mice than grain or other stored feedstuffs available.
- The manner of death should not be sudden or violent and thus arouse suspicion of the surviving rats and mice.
- The poison should not be lethal to non-target species such as humans or domestic animals.
- Kill rats and mice slowly, ensuring other rats and mice are not alerted to the bait.
RATBLITZ is recommended for the control of both rats and mice. Its attractiveness and effectiveness have been proven by years of application in the poultry and pig industries where abundant alternative foodstuffs are available.
UNDERSTANDING HOW TO CONTROL RATS
Rats are the unseen enemy. Damaging foodstuffs and spreading disease. Everybody interested in improving the viability needs to understand the importance of controlling rodents.
Know Your Enemy
They live in groups with a pecking order and work together to defend and maintain their territories.
Rats Breed Rapidly
A female rat has the potential to conceive every 7-10 days and take between 28-35 days to give birth. Most litters contain 3-6 pups.
Rats Carry Diseases
Throughout history, rats have spread Typhus, Plague, Jaundice, and a host of parasites throughout human and animal populations
Rats Eat a Lot
A rat weighing 300g will consume 30 grams a day of food, ten percent of its body weight.
WHY RATS ARE THE ENEMY
They breed rapidly and eat large quantities of food. Thirty grams doesn't sound much but when you work out the cost potential of two rats over twelve months it adds up to a considerable amount. One pair of breeding rats has the potential to produce a colony of five thousand rats in one year. Converted to grain equivalents this is equal to 75 tonnes of grain.
Of course, this calculation does not include grain damaged by rat urine or the damage they can do to wiring in machinery or houses. Every time you see a rat in a shed during daylight hours there are at least another 300 plus in the colony nearby all living off the foodstuffs available on your farm.
Some Handy Baiting hints are as follows:
- Fresh baits are much more attractive than old baits. Baits should be changed on a regular basis.
- Avoid handling baiting material, rats are sensitive to the smell of humans.
- An effective and simple method of baiting is to wrap small quantities of bait (10g) in rice paper or old telephone book pages. The wrapped baits can be thrown regularly into areas where rats are known to congregate, or even into rat holes.
- Place baits in plastic pipes– so dogs and children cannot reach them.