Your Cart is empty
Shipping & taxes calculated at checkout
All products in stock - if ordered before 1pm will be desaptched same day.
Hoofmaker provides all the nutrients necessary to protect and nourish every layer within the hoof horn.
This sulphur enriched formula will ensure that important nutrients are supplied to the horses diet, to ensure optimum hoof growth and improved integrity of the hoof.
The hoof is a highly specialised horny shell composed of three layers; the stratum externum, medium and internum. The hoof covers sensitive bones, nerves, connective tissues and vascular tissue.
The primary function of the hoof is to protect the underlying structures, and to increase the surface area for the dissipation of locomotor factors. In essence, the hoof is the foundation of the horse.
HOOFMAKER CONCENTRATED PELLETS contains all the supplemental nutrients required to develop and maintain a healthy and supple hoof.
- A concentrated source of the sulphur rich amino acid Methionine (6,000 mg). Keratin Sulphate, the structural component in the hoof horn has a high sulphur content. Therefore, it is very important to include high levels of sulphur rich nutrients for optimum keratinisation, and structural integrity of the hoof wall.
- High levels of the B Vitamin Biotin (37.5mg per 50g serving) which is also essential for production of keratin sulphate. Research has shown that a biotin deficiency can be one of the major causes of cracks and brittleness in the hoof wall.
- Calcium is an essential mineral for keratin stabilisation and cohesion in the hoof wall. Research has shown that a calcium deficiency can pre-dispose hooves to weakness, brittleness and cracks originating at the coronary band.,
- Zinc is paramount for the proper healing of all epidermal tissue, especially the hooves. Zinc is an essential component of a metalloenzyme - necessary for protein synthesis.
- Amino Acids are the building blocks of protein - which are essential constituents of hoof horn.
Composition: Calcium hydrogen orthophosphate.
Additives DL-Methionine Biotin
Trace Elements: E6 Zinc (as Zinc Oxide) E4 Copper (as Cupric chelate of glycine, hydrate)
Analytical Constituents: Calcium 16.4%, Phosphorous 11.8%, Alanine 0.328%, Arginine 0.528%, Aspartic Acid 0.88%, Glutamic Acid 1.34%, Glycine 0.599%, Histidine 0.205%, Isoleucine 0.311%, Leucine 0.535%, Lysine 0.466%, Phenylalanine 0.317%, Proline 0.372%, Serine 0.384%, Threonine 0.296%, Tyrosine 0.245%, Valise 0.349%, Cystein and Cystine 0.129%.
Instructions for Proper Use:
Hoofmaker Pellets should be added to the normal feed ration.
All horses: Feed 50g (1 heaped scoop) per day.
Ponies and foals: Feed 50g every second day.
Composition: Dicalcium phosphate, Soy beans, Extruded
Additives per 50g:
Zinc (as zinc oxide) 600 mg
Copper (as Cupric chelate of Glycine hydrate) 120 mg
Biotin 37.5 mg
Amino acids Methionine 6,000 mg