Your Cart is empty
Haygain HG 2000
Shipping & taxes calculated at checkout
If this product is currently in stock and if you order by 1pm your order will be despatched the same day. If the product is not in stock you will be contacted.
Free Shipping to most cities in Australia
A recent study showed that 84% of horses examined suffered from Inflammatory Airway Disease (IAD). One of the main causes of IAD is respirable dust and a major source of this is hay. IAD can limit an athletic horse’s performance.
Haygain hay steamers are the only scientifically proven method to dramatically reduce respirable dust in hay and kill mould, fungal spores and bacteria that can cause IAD. The above study found that steaming hay with a Haygain hay steamer reduced the risk of your horse developing IAD by 63%.
- Weight: 75kg (hay container and steam generator combined weight)
- Dimensions: L x 1449mm D x 815mm H x 750mm
- Feeds 4+ horses
- Holds up to 35-40kg of haylage or a fully strung bale
- Includes wheels
- Steaming cycle from cold approximately 60 minutes
- 2.75/2.3kW steam generator
- 8 litre capacity with safety features
- FREE ONE-YEAR WARRANTY
- FREE DELIVERY IN MOST STATES OF AUSTRALIA
The HG 2000 consists of a steam generator and an insulated, wheeled chest for ease of movement. Designed to feed 4 or more horses, you can steam a fully strung bale bale, or 35-40kg of haylage. The hay chest allows very high temperatures to be reached (in excess of 100°C / 212ºF) which is critical to kill harmful mould spores and bacteria in hay. Its cycle time from cold is 60 minutes, making the process quick and easy.
The 2.75/2.3kW steam generator (with a water capacity of 8 litres) features a stainless steel boiler shell with a domed lid for optimum steam flow and consistent delivery, a robust heating element and offers safety thermal protection with a “run dry” alarm and warning light. The balanced integrated handle allows for easy rinsing of the unit while the location of the filler spout, with its brass safety release filler cap, prevents overfilling.
- Double-skinned and thermally insulated to reach and maintain the critically high temperatures required
- All fittings and fastenings are either brass or stainless steel, so will not corrode
- Weatherproof and UV protected
- Patent title: Apparatus for and Method of Steam Treating of Fodder (Official No 2009299652)
- Made in the United Kingdom
*The number of horses the HG 2000 feeds is an approximate guide only based on portion size, compaction of hay, size of bale and number of steam cycles per day.
All products in stock - if ordered before 1pm will be despatched same day.