Your Cart is empty
Gut Health Plus Paste
Shipping & taxes calculated at checkout
If this product is currently in stock and if you order by 1pm your order will be despatched the same day. If the product is not in stock you will be contacted.
Gut Health Plus Paste (60ml Syringe)
High Intensity gut health Support, for those picky eaters or difficult digestive issues.
This introductory price, is only available until 30th April 2021
Buffer, Protect, Feed, Defend
Gut Health Plus supports normal gut health in 4 ways:
Buffer – Modern feeding practices result in reduced natural buffering of a horse’s stomach. The resulting low pH environment increases the risk of gastric ulcers.
Gut Health Plus combines the buffering power of calcium carbonate (limestone), calcareous marine algae and magnesium hydroxide to keep fluids in the stomach at a more natural pH to help maintain a healthy stomach. Slippery Elm is included which has a soothing effect on the digestive system.
Protect – A healthy stomach is able to protect itself from the gastric acid it produces. But with modern management and nutrient imbalances this ability can be compromised.
Gut Health Plus harnesses the uniquely sticky nature of a seaweed extract from Laminarea hyperborea and the amino acid threonine to build on a horse’s natural protection mechanisms to assist in maintaining a healthy stomach. Proline and Serine both help with the normal production of mucus which coats the entire GI tract.
Feed – A healthy gut relies on good bacteria and robust intestinal cells. These cells are some of the fastest growing cells in the body. To stay healthy, they need the right nutrients.
Gut Health plus combines a froctooligosaccharide prebiotic with the amino acid glutamine to support normal gut health and function.
Defend – A healthy population of gut bacteria with the right balance of ‘good’ versus ‘bad’ microflora is essential when considering the overall health of a horse.
Support gut health & maximise feed digestion.
Gut health is crucial for the overall health of your horse. A healthy gut:
- supports efficient feed digestion to help horses maintain or gain weight
- protects a horse from disease causing bacteria, antigens and toxins; and
- nurtures ‘good’ bacteria, allowing them to digest fibre, produce vitamins an assist with immune function.
Gut Health Plus is Suitable for:
- Broodmares and stallions
- Foals, weanlings, yearlings and 2 YOs
- Horses in work or sales preparation
- Spelling and rehabilitation horses
- Aged horses
Feed Gut Health Plus PASTE should be added to the feed at the following rates:
|Morning Feed||Evening Feed|
|Ponies, Foals and Weanlings||30ml (1/2 syringe||60ml (1 syringe)|
|Horses (400-600kg)||60ml (1 syringe)||60ml (1 syringe)|
|Horses (600-800kg)||90ml (1.5 syringes)||90ml (1.5 syringes)|
- You may reduce the feeding rates after a few days if symptoms improve
- For horses who have previously had gastric ulcers, feed Gut Health Plus PASTE with lucerne chaff just prior to work
- For best results, feed Gut Health Plus PASTE with a scientifically balanced diet